I realized that I enjoyed speaking in front of large crowds in kindergarten when I tried to organize a party for my 6th birthday by announcing aloud which of my classmates were invited as we were lining up for recess (thankfully, my mom had the better idea of handing out invitations the next day). Needless to say, I was hooked.
Whether it’s to serve as a keynote presenter for a youth rally, present a workshop for adults, or emcee/host a wedding or special event, I would love to work with you to give you exactly what you need.
I can serve you as a(n):
- Keynote Speaker: I’ve served a keynote for youth rallies in Canada, the USA, and even South Africa.
- Presenter: I’ve presented hundreds of workshops for teens and leaders at conferences and training events throughout the country.
- Facilitator: I enjoy facilitating both large group meetings and small group discussions.
- Emcee/Host: I’ve emceed over two dozen weddings and special events and I love the energy that comes from such special occasions.
- Retreat Leader: I’ve served at numerous retreats throughout the archdiocese and beyond.
- Musician: I’ve played the piano at weddings, funerals, and other occasions.
Contact me at clayimoo<AT>shaw.ca to enquire about availability and/or topics.
Here are some of my speaking engagements, media appearances, notable work presentations, and other fun stuff for 2017:
- April 5: Elementary Student Leadership Conference at St. Helen’s School in Burnaby (keynote)
- April 6: Confirmation Retreat at St. Anthony of Padua School in Vancouver (retreat leader)
- April 7: Archbishop Carney High School Grade 11 Retreat in Loon Lake (presenter)
- April 11: Reverence 4 Life Leaders’ Planning Conference in Langley (speaker/facilitator)
- April 21-23: Diocesan Youth Conference for Diocese of Prince George (keynote)
- April 27: Talk to Confirmation Candidates at Star of the Sea Parish in Surrey (presenter)
- May 13: El Shaddai Erkamka 25th Anniversary Youth & Young Adult Conference in Burnaby (presenter)
- May 15: St. Thomas Aquinas Grade 9 Retreat in North Vancouver (presenter)
- May 17: Confirmation Prep Night at St. Patrick Parish in Vancouver (presenter)
- May 21: Concert for Oneness Gogos in Surrey (pianist)
- June 5 & 6: Gr8fest Youth Rally in London, Ontario (keynote)
- June 9 – 11: Western Canadian Catholic Stewardship Conference in Vancouver (emcee)
- June 18: Canadian Catholic Youth Ministry Network New Diocesan Directors’ Orientation in Mabou, NS (presenter)
- July 10-14: YouthLeader, Archdiocese of Vancouver (trainer)
- July 24-28: YouthLeader, Diocese of Portland, Maine (trainer)
- September 9: Youth Ministry Leaders’ Retreat for St. Joseph parish (presenter)
- October 1: Sportsnet 650 radio interview
- October 5: St. Thomas Aquinas High School grade 11 Retreat at Camp Stillwood (presenter)
- October 7: Growing Christian Life series at Corpus Christi parish in Vancouver (presenter)
- October 11: Sportsnet 650 radio interview
- October 13: Our Lady of Assumption young adults group in Port Coquitlam (presenter)
- October 14: Precious Blood parish youth ministry kickoff in Surrey (presenter)
- November 10: Fr. Rob Galea Concert at St. Monica Parish (emcee)
- December 9: St. Luke Youth Ministry night (presenter)
- December 22: Sportsnet 650 radio interview – in studio
Highlights from 2016:
- April: wedding reception of Nathan Rumohr and Megan Siy at the Marine Drive Golf Club (emcee)
- April: “Acts of Mercy” featuring illusionist Danny Ray at St. Patrick Parish in Vancouver (emcee)
- May: Rebuild Youth Ministry Conference online (presenter)
- May: Alyssa’s 18th Birthday Party at Eaglequest Golf Club in Surrey (emcee)
- May: Diocese of Victoria youth conference (keynote)
- July: Wedding of Scott and Sheila (pianist)
- August: YouthLeader, Diocese of Newark, NJ (trainer)
- August: One Rock Youth Festival in Calgary (keynote)
- August: Wedding of Jigs and Amanda (pianist)
- August: YouthLeader, Archdiocese of Vancouver (trainer)
- September: Making Disciples featuring Sherry Weddell, St. Francis Xavier Parish, Vancouver (emcee)
- September: Cops for Cancer 10th Anniversary Gala (emcee)
- December: Catholic Christian Outreach Rise Up Conference in Vancouver (keynote)
Here are a few samples:
Here’s the engagement story of Mike and Jenn as told as their wedding reception at the Riverside Banquet Hall in Richmond in August 2014.
This is the first 15 minutes of my keynote address for the Archdiocesan Youth Conference in Houston, Texas in July 2011.
Clarifying Expectations: the infamous story of Gail’s list for me – taken from my session at the Canadian Catholic Youth Ministry Network (CCYMN) Adult Leaders’ Conference in Charlottetown, PEI in January 2010.
Here’s the engagement story of Kevin and Dorothy as told as their wedding reception at the River Rock Casino & Resort in Richmond in August 2007.
I relay the importance of PUSH: Pray Until Something Happens in my talk at the Campusfire student training conference at Peace Portal Alliance Church in Surrey in October 2007.