I realized that I enjoyed speaking in front of large crowds in kindergarten when I tried to organize a party for my 6th birthday by announcing aloud which of my classmates were invited as we were lining up for recess (thankfully, my mom had the better idea of handing out invitations the next day). Needless to say, I was hooked.
Whether it’s to serve as a keynote presenter for a youth rally, present a workshop for adults, or emcee/host a wedding or special event, I would love to work with you to give you exactly what you need.
I can serve you as a(n):
- Keynote Speaker: I’ve served a keynote for youth rallies in Canada, the USA, and even South Africa.
- Presenter: I’ve presented dozens of workshops for teens and leaders at conferences and training events throughout the country.
- Facilitator: I enjoy facilitating both large group meetings and small group discussions.
- Emcee/Host: I’ve emceed over a dozen weddings and special events and I love the energy that comes from such special occasions.
- Retreat Leader: I’ve served at numerous retreats throughout the archdiocese and beyond.
- Musician: I’ve played the piano at weddings, funerals, and other occasions.
Contact me at clayimoo<AT>shaw.ca to enquire about availability and/or topics.
Here are some of my speaking engagements, media appearances, notable work presentations, and other fun stuff for 2017:
- April 21-23: Diocesan Youth Conference for Diocese of Prince George (keynote)
Highlights from 2016:
- April: wedding reception of Nathan Rumohr and Megan Siy at the Marine Drive Golf Club (emcee)
- April: “Acts of Mercy” featuring illusionist Danny Ray at St. Patrick Parish in Vancouver (emcee)
- May: Rebuild Youth Ministry Conference online (presenter)
- May: Alyssa’s 18th Birthday Party at Eaglequest Golf Club in Surrey (emcee)
- May: Diocese of Victoria youth conference (keynote)
- July: Wedding of Scott and Sheila (pianist)
- August: YouthLeader, Diocese of Newark, NJ (trainer)
- August: One Rock Youth Festival in Calgary (keynote)
- August: Wedding of Jigs and Amanda (pianist)
- August: YouthLeader, Archdiocese of Vancouver (trainer)
- September: Making Disciples featuring Sherry Weddell, St. Francis Xavier Parish, Vancouver (emcee)
- September: Cops for Cancer 10th Anniversary Gala (emcee)
- December: Catholic Christian Outreach Rise Up Conference in Vancouver (keynote)
Here are a few samples:
Here’s the engagement story of Mike and Jenn as told as their wedding reception at the Riverside Banquet Hall in Richmond in August 2014.
This is the first 15 minutes of my keynote address for the Archdiocesan Youth Conference in Houston, Texas in July 2011.
Clarifying Expectations: the infamous story of Gail’s list for me – taken from my session at the Canadian Catholic Youth Ministry Network (CCYMN) Adult Leaders’ Conference in Charlottetown, PEI in January 2010.
Here’s the engagement story of Kevin and Dorothy as told as their wedding reception at the River Rock Casino & Resort in Richmond in August 2007.
I relay the importance of PUSH: Pray Until Something Happens in my talk at the Campusfire student training conference at Peace Portal Alliance Church in Surrey in October 2007.