Blessings to you and Merry Christmas! It was a great year for our family, filled with many blessings. Ironically, two of the highlights happened during the same time while Gail and I were apart: our 15th wedding anniversary and a family trip to the Philippines (more on that later).
Thus, enjoy our 14th annual Christmas letter, complete with personal highlights (and lowlights), what we’re thankful for, what we’re looking forward to next year, and what you can pray for!
- Highlights: receiving my First Communion in May, having Mom as my teacher, swimming in the Philippines, baking with Mom, and getting better at gymnastics
- Lowlight: the heat in the Philippines
- Thankful for: my parents and my brothers because they take really good care of me, food, toys
- Looking forward to 2016: becoming a gymnastics expert
- Prayers please: that I do well in school
- Highlights: bowling (finishing second in BC at the provincial tournament and winning a city-wide team tournament), starting a YouTube series called Jake’s Takes, getting close to 20,000 views on my Epic Patty Cake video, Spirit Day (and thanking Archbishop Michael on behalf of all grade 7s)
- Lowlight: going to the Philippines
- Thankful for: my friends, my family, food, my education
- Looking forward to 2016: receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation in the spring
- Prayers please: for my Confirmation preparation
- Highlights: winning both Top Athlete and Top Academic student at Hugh Boyd at the conclusion of grade 8, playing both high school and community football, our trip to the Philippines, serving on the production team at Spirit Day,
- Lowlight: Getting a concussion playing football in October
- Thankful for: my family, my friends, my health
- Looking forward to 2016: more football (and less injuries)
- Prayers please: for my health
- Highlights: Celebrating my 40th birthday in Vegas with Clay (and without the kids), summer trip to the Philippines (and reconnecting with elementary school friends), 15th wedding anniversary
- Lowlight: Being away from Clay for 7 weeks in the summer
- Thankful for: my family, my friends, my health, my job
- Looking forward to 2016: hopefully doing some renovations to our house
- Prayers please: for the health of all family members (immediate and extended), for Jake as he transitions to high school in September
- Highlights: traveling (to Vegas with Gail, to London, England for work, to Ontario and Yellowknife to speak), our 15th wedding anniversary (even though we were apart), working with the Vancouver Canucks on our Christmas song, moving into our brand new JP II Pastoral Centre, witnessing our kids do some amazing things
- Lowlight: suffering a concussion in July and not having Gail and the kids around during my recovery
- Thankful for: my loving and forgiving wife, our kids who humble me with their child-like faith, friends who take care of me and challenge me, the opportunity to serve the Church
- Looking forward to 2016: more opportunities to lead at work, watching our kids continue to grow and mature
- Prayers please: that I remained disciplined in all areas of my life
Thanks for taking the time to read this Christmas letter. We’re looking forward to another great year in 2016. We want to wish you a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year! We hope that 2016 brings you joy, happiness and good health!
Our family will be praying for you. Pray for us too!
Love and God Bless,
Clay, Gail, Sean, Jacob and Kayla