In this episode, Jake talks about of his favourite hobbies: cubing. He shows off his collection of 18 different cubes and highlights some of their distinguishing features.
Jake also takes you through how he got interested in cubing and how he improved his time.
In honour of my mother Joyce’s 75th birthday today, I proudly present the Top 10 list that my brother Jason and I wrote and presented at her party this past Saturday (see pictures here).
Here are the Top 10 Things That Make Joyce…Joyce:
10. (Jason): Mom REALLY cares about how she looks in pictures. What is supposed to be a fun, candid, QUICK picture will often turn into a full-fledged photo session that would make Artona proud. And she’s sneaky in the way she tries to get us to re-take pictures: Brooklyn’s not looking, Kayla needs to sit up, Malachi isn’t smiling. No, Mom it’s you. And we hate to break it to you, but pictures don’t lie. How you look in the picture is exactly what you looked like at that moment in time. For better or for worse. Continue reading Mom’s 75th Birthday: The Top 10 Things That Make Joyce…Joyce
Blessings to you and Merry Christmas! It was a great year for our family, filled with many blessings. Ironically, two of the highlights happened during the same time while Gail and I were apart: our 15th wedding anniversary and a family trip to the Philippines (more on that later).
Thus, enjoy our 14th annual Christmas letter, complete with personal highlights (and lowlights), what we’re thankful for, what we’re looking forward to next year, and what you can pray for!
- Highlights: receiving my First Communion in May, having Mom as my teacher, swimming in the Philippines, baking with Mom, and getting better at gymnastics
- Lowlight: the heat in the Philippines
- Thankful for: my parents and my brothers because they take really good care of me, food, toys
- Looking forward to 2016: becoming a gymnastics expert
- Prayers please: that I do well in school
Continue reading 2015 Imoo Family Christmas Letter
Those 3 words were the first-ever words I spoke to Gail. The date: October 1989. The place: backstage at Richmond’s Gateway Theatre. The occasion: JN Burnett Junior Secondary School’s fall concert. As our respective choirs were getting ready to perform, I passed by this cute, unassuming girl on my way to the restroom. While hurriedly rushing to take care of business, I guess “Are you nervous” was the best and most relevant thing I could come up with!
This encounter started an 8-week courting period, culminating in me asking Gail to be girlfriend exactly 26 YEARS AGO TODAY. On Thursday, December 14, 1989, 2 lives changed forever in the hallowed halls of Burnett. That was the day a scrawny, immature, goofy-haired boy asked this beautiful, humble, quiet girl to go to that night’s school dance with him. Thankfully for both of them, she said yes. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Continue reading Are You Nervous? (26 Years Together with Gail)
In this episode, Jake shares his love for God and the Catholic faith. Learn how it roots him and gives him strength.
He also talks about his experience at Spirit Day earlier this month, when he got to thank Archbishop Miller on behalf of the grade 7 students of the Archdiocese of Vancouver – in front of over 1,400 people.