We’ve all heard the saying “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.” Well, if that’s the case, then our three kids flatter me to no end.
In my new Clay’s Corner, I look at the ways that Sean, Jacob, and Kayla are similar to me – good, bad, and ugly. I also suggest another loving Father that we can all look to as someone to imitate.
Happy Father’s Day to all Dads out there!
In my new Clay’s Corner, I pay tribute to my late father Larry, who passed away on October 11, 2004 at the age of 63. I share the story of his passing, along with many of my favourite memories of him.
I’m thankful that Dad taught me so many things, especially how to be a man and how to raise my children.
Have you ever wanted to be in two places at once?
I found myself in that situation last Tuesday, April 19. That was the date when two major events took place for our family: Gail had major surgery in the morning and Jacob received the Sacrament of Confirmation in the evening. Gail’s recovery precluded her from attending Jake’s Confirmation. More on that in a bit.
Gail went to see our family doctor back in early February when she started to spot. Gail’s usually very regular so this was certainly out of the ordinary. After a few weeks of monitoring, a couple more visits to the doctor, and an ultrasound, it was confirmed in mid-March that Gail had cysts on/in her ovaries. The multi-cyst on her left ovary was the size of a tennis ball.
Needless to say, we were very concerned that the cysts were cancerous. However, it would take weeks to confirm or deny this so there wasn’t much we could do except to pray. Gail’s blood work and MRI came back indicating that Gail had endometriosis but the jury was out on cancer. So again we waited.
Continue reading Let Go and Let God
5 observations about filming our goofy little video:
- The song “My Boo” sounds a lot like “Isn’t She Lovely”
- Kayla was afraid she’d suffocate in the ottoman
- Gail said I was too picky during filming and said she doesn’t like helping me
- I learned how to play this song 5 minutes before we filmed
- The kids refused to let me dance in the video…for good reason
In honour of my mother Joyce’s 75th birthday today, I proudly present the Top 10 list that my brother Jason and I wrote and presented at her party this past Saturday (see pictures here).
Here are the Top 10 Things That Make Joyce…Joyce:
10. (Jason): Mom REALLY cares about how she looks in pictures. What is supposed to be a fun, candid, QUICK picture will often turn into a full-fledged photo session that would make Artona proud. And she’s sneaky in the way she tries to get us to re-take pictures: Brooklyn’s not looking, Kayla needs to sit up, Malachi isn’t smiling. No, Mom it’s you. And we hate to break it to you, but pictures don’t lie. How you look in the picture is exactly what you looked like at that moment in time. For better or for worse. Continue reading Mom’s 75th Birthday: The Top 10 Things That Make Joyce…Joyce