The Province made it official today by listing the names and brief bios of all 15 finalists in their competition to replace the popular Kurtenbloggers.
A few things stick out to me right away:
- There are some really talented writers among the group and I’m truly flattered to be in the running.
- Unless of course they were looking for some cultural diversity (there aren’t a lot of Asians). They certainly weren’t looking for the best-looking.
- I’m likely among the oldest (if not the oldest) in the group.
- Only a couple of other bloggers mention family (and they both mention their mothers). No biggie…likely an affirmation of my point above about my age.
- I’ll be testing the patience of my wife and kids for the next few weeks!
Ultimately, the winners of this month-long competition will be the readers as they will be treated to 4 weeks of hopefully high quality blogging.
God Bless and Go Canucks Go!